1. Acknowledge to God that you are a sinner separated from God by your sin. “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.” – Romans 3:23.
2. Recognize that there is a penalty for your sin. “For the wages of sin is death.” – Romans 6:23.
3. Understand that your own self-effort cannot bridge the gap between you and God. “Not by works of righteousness which we have done but according to his mercy he saved us.” – Titus 3:5.
4. Believe that Jesus Christ has already paid the penalty for your sin. “For God demonstrates his own love toward us, in that, while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” – Romans 5:8.
5. Trust Christ and Christ alone for your salvation. “That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.” – Romans 10:9-10.
Our eternal destiny is not based on the good that we do, but on the basis of our faith in Christ. You must trust in Christ alone, not in a prayer, a church, or your baptism or other good works. Only faith in Christ will save you from God’s wrath in the Day of Judgment.
We welcome the chance to talk to you about your faith in Christ. Please feel free to contact our Pastor by calling him at (313) 291-3128 or by emailing him.